Monday, January 4, 2021

Day 4 (The Birthday)

It was a big fat no on the diet/exercise routine today. I said it was a day off since it was technically a holiday but there was a very small slice of possibility I would decide to exercise just because.

Nope. Ate too much and currently feeling miserable. But it was oh so good.

What was the birthday dinner? Pancakes. Restaurant pancakes. Extremely large restaurant pancakes. So large, I had to tap out at about 75% through. And, why are restaurant pancakes so much better than at home? Is it the fluffiness? The butter? The hot syrup? Whatever it is, they were delicious and I won't be having them again for quite a long time.

On top of the amazing breakfast for birthday dinner, I had bacon wrapped filet mignon for lunch. Yep. I know. I am one spoiled brat. The husband was responsible for the lunch. He grills. I eat. We have this worked out. Don't be jealous. 

It was perfectly seared on each side and still mooing in the middle. Perfection. 

I did spend a little more time with my inversion table before stuffing myself with breakfast foods. I love the stretch it gives my entire back. I swear I am taller after using it. I've now had it a year as I received it last birthday. I'd never part with it either. 
It is birthday tradition in our house to have some type of dessert and sing. No matter the age of the birthdayer, we celebrate the occasion. 

I'm not sure I have room for one bite of cake, but the family did sing and I did take a bite. It was delicious too. 

Not really my age but my little clovers think it's funny. I just think they are sweet.

Back to the grind tomorrow. More torturing with healthy eats and gym rat routines. I think it's bi's, tri's, and dead lift rows for weights. Some core work and maybe a little cardio warm-up. Sounds exciting. 🙄 Remember folks, fake it until you make it! is the motto for this year. 

Adios Muchachas,

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment