Saturday, January 9, 2021

Day 7 (This is Hard) Day 8 (What is hard)

Day 7 & 8 are being blogged together because, well... I was being lazy. And, forgetful. Go figure. There will be times throughout this self mandated torture where I will not blog each day. I thought the first would be farther down the road than week one, but it is what it is at this point in life. 

So, Day 7. (This is Hard)

I thought the day after legs was hard on my body? Try two days after. I could barely walk without favoring one side over the other. I may have looked a little weird getting in and out of my desk chair at work too. 

Exercise: Stretching. A whole lot of stretches. Yoga. I managed to breathe deeply and push a yoga pose as far as I could without tearing tendons and muscles in half. 

Diet: Steamed veggies, steak, a slice of pound cake, strawberries, mandarin oranges. We're not talking about that thing I hid in the middle of the diet. What's done is done. 

After all the yoga and stretching, I felt better. It wasn't a sweaty gym workout but it was something and I think something the body needs each week. 

Day 8 (What is hard?)

I think the stretching made my body ready to go again. When I hit the gym, and after my 5 minute warm-up on the rowing machine, I was a pumping iron fool. Everything was easy. Even the ab workout seemed to breeze by without any complaint. 

I left the gym feeling renewed. This is good because I was already becoming bored. This day was not a fake it until you make it day, because I made it. 

Diet: Grilled cheese (yes, with the bread) fried egg sandwich. I decided I needed something heavier at lunch. We were fresh out of steak. Yep, it never lasts long in our fridge. For dinner I ate some Skinny Pop popcorn before going to the gym. Ate some more when I got back. Hey, it's birthday cake flavored. Have you ever tried it? Then, don't judge. But try some. You won't regret it. It is true to the name "Skinny Pop" and has way less calories than any other popcorn. 

All-in-all, it was a good two days. I thought, since I wasn't hitting it hard on day 7, I would feel like a failure. I didn't. That's good, right? I may have hold on this diet/exercise thing after all. 

Adios Muchachas,

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment