Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Day 6 (Less Success)

Today was rough. Like climbing Mount Everest, rough. Well... Probably an exaggeration, but you get the enormity of the roughness if I compare my workout to a master-size-skilled climb, right?

Okay. The workout today royally sucked. Better? 

It was only meant to be a 30 minute elliptical (pushing myself with resistance). Easy peasy, right? Wrong. 

First off, I was bored within the first 3 minutes. I upped the resistance as planned but was still beyond asleep at the wheel. I upped it again. Boredom. I pumped my arms for added cardio. Booooorrrrrrrrred. 

Secondly, my hamstrings! Dead-lifts always make my hamstrings sore a few days. Honestly, I like the sore. It means I actually did something productive. Yesterday was dead-lifts, therefore, today was soreness. And apparently, soreness equals boring elliptical workouts. 

Third, cardio is dumb. I like weight training days. 

The whole fake it until you make it theme hit home today. I knew there'd be days like this. I signed up for it. Doesn't mean I have to like them. Or, blog niceties about them. 

I still made it 30 minutes. Believe me, I must've appeared as a banshee on fire when I shut the machine off and just as frantic as I wiped it clean. But I was done with it. D. O. N. E. Done. 

As far as food today, I wasn't extremely hungry but still ate meals. For lunch I ate steamed veggies, fresh strawberries, cuties, and half a bacon wrapped filet mignon someone left in the fridge. I also ate a couple cookies. They were soft. And sugary. 

For dinner, I found the pressure cooker full of pot roast, potatoes, and carrots. I can't say no to potatoes. I ate a small helping of the rest but my plate was mostly a buttered, peppered, glorious potato. And it was delicious. 

That is all for this not so great day in the life of exercise/diet hell. 

Adios Muchachas,

Mel

P.S. All images are not my own and taken from their respective sources. 
Mount Everest image: Illustration: Rabindra Manandhar /TKP
Lizzie Mcguire image: Lizzie Mcguire the series by the Disney Channel. 
Minions image: Twitter Minions page: @Minions

No comments:

Post a Comment